Wednesday 11 April 2012

Hey Everyone!

I just got to Thailand almost a week ago, and so far it has been amazing! Rice fields, surrounded by lush green mountains and the smell of life all around. I'll be writing a more detailed update soon, but right now I'm just going to post my support letter for the PhotogenX Around the World Track. It explains the program a little bit, and my heart behind being here. :)

All for His glory.

Marielle



Hey Everyone!

“...if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.” Isaiah 58:10

While I was in Cambodia, I got a taste of what it means to help those in need and to spread the living water of Jesus. I saw and heard what true injustice was, and it started a passion in my heart to reach out to those who are suffering from injustice. On April 5th I have the opportunity to become a part of The PhotogenX Around the World Track, a program which runs for a year and three months. During this year my Team and I will focus on fighting injustice through photography, learning how to fight injustice in the long term and showing love and reaching out to the lost, the starving and the afflicted. “Our Vision Statement: The purpose of this track is to Know God and Know yourself, see the face of God in the faces of the world, explore cultures and communities, connect with ministries around the globe, be intentionally discipled, grow in your strengths and thrive as equipped leaders, use media to expose injustice and empower lives, study the Bible in-depth, and experience current events in faraway places. We don’t want to travel the nations and take pictures for our own purposes. We want to see the Kingdom of God come to the earth in tangible ways every day through your team. Amen.”

For this year, I will be doing six weeks of training, followed by six weeks of outreach. During these outreaches I will be doing various things to help those who are afflicted, starving and desperate. All of these will start by showing the love of Jesus, which is the most powerful thing in this world. Each outreach will address the need in each specific country and we will also be doing weekly outreaches in the areas where the training courses take place. There are so many places in the world that are full of suffering, and through this program we will be reaching out in tangible ways to these people in desperate need.

If you would like to partner with me, either financially or in prayer, both are so needed, and so appreciated! If you would like to become a supporter of my calling I will be sending monthly email updates, and I also have a blog I will be regularly posting to, www.mariellelouize@blogspot.com. If you have further questions about the program you can reach me by email, marielle.louize@gmail.com or phone, 250 372 2504. Thank you!

All for His glory, 

Marielle Saayman

No comments:

Post a Comment